capable of delivering lubricating and cleaning properties into micro-crevice’s (as small as a millionth of an inch)
THE ALL CONDITIONS DRIVETRAIN TREATMENT
ADVANCED 2 Part Lubricant Base
SKIP THE PRE CLEANING
- This has been one of the toughest habits for us to break with riders. Intuitively its hard to believe a "chain llube" can effectively clean your chain, well that's why we call ours a Drivetrain Treatment, because it does far more than your average chain lube.
- RIDE IT SLICK contains very effective detergent and disperant properties, so additional products are unnecessary and typically nowhere near as effective.
- IWhat we've also seen is degreasers and solvents makes the process longer for RIDE IT SLICK to work its way into your chain and deliver the performance and value you've heard so much about.
Apply a Drop to each link
- Coat each roller with Ride It SLICK
- Run through each gear combination for 5 to 15 pedal revolutions.
- Let sit for 2-10 minutes
GRIP IT AND RIP IT!!!!
- Wipe the chain, derailleur pulley wheel, and cassette thoroughly. Don't be afraid to put some muscle into it. Seriously you can't over do this.
- So many riders get this step wrong and we think its because riders don't understand that this process is not just an exercise in wiping off excess lube, instead its CLEANING THE DRIVETRAIN, which means the better you wipe the better you clean.
Riding your bike is a key step in the application process (you heard that right). The cleaning and dispersant properties in RIDE IT SLICK stay active, floating contamination to the outside of the chain, while simultaneously the solid state lubricating properties work deep into the chain.
Post ride wipe down
- Post ride take a minute to wipe down the chain, chainrings, cassette, and pulley wheels until your drivetrain appears clean with a slight sheen.
- As mentioned above, riding your bike is a key step in the application process, which means after you ride do quick wipe down of your drivetrain to remove contamination Ride It SLICK pushed to the surface.
WHEN TO REAPPLY
- Swipe the outer plates of your chain with your finger. If the chain feel slick then you're good for another ride if it feels dry reapply sparingly.
- If you feel a decline in shifting perfomance.
- If the chain makes any noise (noise = wear) if you are waiting for your chain to make noise before reapplying you are waiting too long.
- When you reach 25 pedaling hours on a single application its time to reapply (its not uncommon especially after 2 or 3 applications)